See the Conservatory website Admissions pages for more information about the Double Degree Program.Application Process for US-China Music Institute Double Degree Program
1. Contact Conservatory Admissions
- Send an email in English to email@example.com or in Chinese to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in applying.
- Conservatory admissions will contact you to help you with the next steps.
- Since this is a double degree program there are two applications: one for the Conservatory and one for the College. The application for the Conservatory is completed and submitted through our online application system. The application for the college is done through the Common Application, which is also completed and submitted online.
2. Required Materials for Conservatory Application
- Pre-screening recordings. Please click here for repertoire requirements.
- A musical biography or resume. Please prepare a short musical biography with information about your past music studies and achievements.
- A recommendation from a professional musician. This recommendation is usually from your private instructor. You will provide your recommender’s email through the Conservatory application. Through the application system your recommender will be emailed and asked for their recommendation to be submitted online.
Please click here to open up an account on our online application system. Once you have opened up an account please email email@example.com so that we can add the Conservatory application to your account.
3. Required Materials for College Application
- The Common Application.
- Academic Teacher recommendations. We prefer that one recommendation come from an English or humanities instructor and one from a math or science instructor. You will provide the email addresses of your recommenders through the Common Application. Through the application system your recommenders will be emailed and asked for their recommendations to be submitted online.
- School Report. This form is generally completed by a high school counselor and includes a school profile.
- High School transcript (Include mid-year senior grades if available at the time you apply.)
- TOEFL or IELTS exam
- We require all international students to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language. Our test score guidelines are: TOEFL score of at least 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based test - IBT). We also accept the IELTS in place of the TOEFL, with a band score of no less than seven.
- International students whose English language proficiency is below the required level may be granted “Exception Admit” status for their first year at Bard, with the understanding that by the start of the second year their English-language proficiency will have reached the required level. A year-long intensive ESL (English as a Second Language) course is offered at Bard for Exception Admit students.
- Application Fee ($50 or Fee Waiver)
Standardized Testing: Please note that we do not require SAT or ACT scores, but if you submit your scores we will consider them in making our admission decision. (Bard's CEEB code is 2037.)
All materials (recordings, recommendations, essays etc.) should be submitted online through the application system. However if you prefer to physically mail recommendations and transcripts, they may be mailed to:
Bard College Office of Admission
30 Campus Road
Annandale-on-Hudson, New York 12504.
Please click here to begin a Common Application.
4. Financial Aid
All Conservatory applicants are automatically considered for financial aid. International students and their parents are required to complete the following forms:
International Student Financial Aid Form
Certification of Finances
- January 1 - Deadline for Conservatory and College applications
- End of February through the middle of March - Live auditions in Beijing, Shanghai and on the Bard campus.
- Two separate decision emails (one for the Conservatory application and one for the College Application) will be sent to all applicants by April 1.
- Admitted students must respond to admissions offers by May 1.
For Further Assistance
If you have any questions or need help, please contact:
For help in English: firstname.lastname@example.org
For help in Chinese: email@example.com